BEIJING: China’s foreign minister warned on Monday that a “multipolar world is coming,” a veiled jab at Washington ahead of key talks between Donald Trump and Xi Jinping.
Global markets are watching closely to see if Thursday’s planned meeting between the two presidents can halt a trade war sparked by the sweeping tariffs Trump announced after returning to office this year.
Speaking at a forum in Beijing on Monday, Wang Yi urged “an end to politicizing economic and trade issues, artificially fragmenting global markets, and resorting to trade wars and tariff battles.”
“Frequently withdrawing from agreements and reneging on commitments, while enthusiastically forming blocs and cliques, has subjected multilateralism to unprecedented challenges,” Wang said, without naming specific countries.
“The tide of history cannot be reversed and a multipolar world is coming,” Wang said.
Trump began a tour of Asia on Sunday, which is set to culminate in a meeting with Xi in South Korea — the first face-to-face talks between the two leaders since the US president began his second term in January.
US Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent and China’s Vice Premier He Lifeng have already held two days of trade talks, seeking an agreement to avoid additional 100 percent tariffs due to come into effect on November 1.
China’s vice commerce minister, Li Chenggang, said a “preliminary consensus” had been reached.
Bessent told ABC that the extra tariffs had effectively been averted, and signalled a deal on rare earths and American soybean exports had been reached.
China hails coming of ‘multipolar world’ in veiled jab at Trump’s trade wars
https://arab.news/vzxcc
China hails coming of ‘multipolar world’ in veiled jab at Trump’s trade wars
- FM Wang Yi urged an end to politicizing economic issues“ and ”resorting to trade wars and tariff battles”
- He spoke at a forum in Beijing on Monday, ahead of key talks between Trump and China’s President Xi Jinping
German railway Deutsche Bahn hit by cyberattack
- The distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack caused problems with the railway’s website
- “Our defensive measures were effective in minimizing the impact on our customers,” DB said
BERLIN: A cyberattack against Germany’s state-owned railway Deutsche Bahn briefly disrupted ticketing systems and timetable information services this week, the company disclosed Wednesday.
The distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack caused problems with the railway’s website and its widely used DB Navigator app on Tuesday afternoon.
The website and app issues were mostly resolved by Tuesday evening, but resurfaced again on Wednesday morning.
Deutsche Bahn is Germany’s dominant rail service, operating both passenger and cargo trains as well as suburban commuter railways in many cities.
“Our defensive measures were effective in minimizing the impact on our customers,” Deutsche Bahn said.
The company has been in contact with Germany’s BSI cybersecurity authorities, an interior ministry spokeswoman said Wednesday, adding that she could provide few additional details about the attack.










