Kingsley Coman joins Cristiano Ronaldo and Joao Felix at Al-Nassr in transfer from Bayern

French winger Kingsley Coman said goodbye to teammates at Bayern Munich ahead of a move to Saudi Arabian side Al Nassr on Friday. (AFP)
Short Url
Updated 16 August 2025
Follow

Kingsley Coman joins Cristiano Ronaldo and Joao Felix at Al-Nassr in transfer from Bayern

  • Al-Nassr are looking to improve after finishing third in the Saudi Pro League last season and signed Ronaldo to a two-year contract extension in June
  • Coman’s departure from Bayern comes two weeks after the German champion signed Luis Diaz from Liverpool, intensifying Coman’s competition for places

RIYADH: Kingsley Coman is leaving Bayern Munich after a trophy-filled decade to join up with Cristiano Ronaldo at Saudi club Al-Nassr.

Bayern announced the transfer late Friday. Kicker magazine reported a fee of up to 35 million euros ($41 million) for the French winger.

Coman, who scored Bayern’s winning goal against Paris Saint-Germain in the 2020 Champions League final, will be part of a star-studded forward lineup with Ronaldo, fellow new signing Joao Felix and Coman’s former Bayern teammate Sadio Mane.

Al-Nassr are looking to improve after finishing third in the Saudi Pro League last season and signed Ronaldo to a two-year contract extension in June. Former Barcelona defender Iñigo Martínez joined on a free transfer last week.

Coman’s departure from Bayern comes two weeks after the German champion signed Luis Diaz from Liverpool, intensifying Coman’s competition for places. He got a fond farewell from Bayern coach Vincent Kompany after they won the Bundesliga together last season.

“When a player as successful as him leaves the club, it’s always a bit emotional,” Kompany said earlier Friday.

“You have to have understanding for his position in this situation and what he’d like. For me, what’s important now is that we look forward and that we show a lot of respect for Kingsley Coman, for what he’s done for this club.”

Coman won the German title nine times at Bayern since his initial arrival on loan from Juventus in 2015. Despite that success, the 29-year-old winger struggled for playing time last season and was often used as a bench player by Kompany, even before Diaz’s arrival.

Coman had nine goals in 45 games in all competitions last season and is the second experienced Bayern forward to leave after Leroy Sane departed for Turkiye’s Galatasaray on a free transfer, also after lacking game time.

“He earned an eternal place in the club’s history with his goal in the 2020 Champions League final against Paris Saint-Germain,” Bayern board member for sport, Max Eberl, said.
 


Ton-up Farhan helps Pakistan seal Super Eight spot with Namibia rout

Updated 19 February 2026
Follow

Ton-up Farhan helps Pakistan seal Super Eight spot with Namibia rout

  • It was Farhan’s maiden T20 ton and he became only the second Pakistani to score a T20 World Cup century after Ahmed Shehzad in 2014 against Bangladesh

COLOMBO: Sahibzada Farhan hit a magnificent unbeaten century to help Pakistan seal the final Super Eight berth at the T20 World Cup with a thumping 102-run win over Namibia in Colombo on Wednesday.

Farhan scored 100 not out off 58 balls with four sixes and 10 fours as Pakistan posted 199-3 before they routed Namibia for 97 in 17.3 overs.

Pakistan’s victory took them to six points from four games in Group A and eliminated the United States, who finished with four points.

India also have six points and play the Netherlands in the group’s final game later Wednesday.

The defending champions India, South Africa, Zimbabwe and the West Indies will play each other in the Super eights Group 1, hosted in India.

Pakistan join New Zealand, England and co-hosts Sri Lanka in Group 2, hosted in Sri Lanka.

After a morale-shattering 61-run defeat against India, Pakistan needed a victory to avoid an early exit, which was achieved with ease as spinners Usman Tariq (4-16) and Shadab Khan (3-19) tore through the Namibia batting.

Louren Steenkamp scored 23 while Alexander Busing-Volschenk was the only other batsman to reach double figures with 20.

‘Complete performance’ 

Skipper Salman Agha praised a clinical show.

“It is a complete performance,” said a relieved Agha.

“We batted well and Farhan anchored the innings. He has been batting well for a while and I am happy that he got his hundred.

“With the ball we were lethal.”

Namibian skipper Gerhard Erasmus admitted Pakistan’s spin bowlers were too hot to handle.

“It (spin) is a special skill to have, to turn the ball both ways like they do,” said Erasmus.

“I think that’s one of the things we’ll definitely take home and look to improve on.”

Farhan earlier blasted a six and a four off pace bowler Jack Brassell to enter the 90s before taking a single off Gerhard Erasmus to complete his hundred in the final over.

It was Farhan’s maiden T20 ton and he became only the second Pakistani to score a T20 World Cup century after Ahmed Shehzad in 2014 against Bangladesh.

Shadab Khan, promoted to No. 5 with Babar Azam left out, hit three sixes and a four in his 36 not out off 22 balls as Pakistan smashed 42 from the last three overs.

Farhan put on 40 for the opening wicket with Saim Ayub (14) before consolidating the innings during a 67-run second wicket stand with captain Salman Agha (38).

Pakistan also left out pace bowler Shaheen Shah Afridi after a poor show in the first three matches, including conceding 31 in two overs in the defeat against India on Sunday.

Farhan’s ton means this is the first T20 World Cup in which three centuries have been scored.

He followed Sri Lanka’s Pathum Nissanka, who scored a hundred against Australia on Monday, and Canada’s Yuvraj Sama who reached three figures against New Zealand on Tuesday.