Kingsley Coman joins Cristiano Ronaldo and Joao Felix at Al-Nassr in transfer from Bayern

French winger Kingsley Coman said goodbye to teammates at Bayern Munich ahead of a move to Saudi Arabian side Al Nassr on Friday. (AFP)
Short Url
Updated 16 August 2025
Follow

Kingsley Coman joins Cristiano Ronaldo and Joao Felix at Al-Nassr in transfer from Bayern

  • Al-Nassr are looking to improve after finishing third in the Saudi Pro League last season and signed Ronaldo to a two-year contract extension in June
  • Coman’s departure from Bayern comes two weeks after the German champion signed Luis Diaz from Liverpool, intensifying Coman’s competition for places

RIYADH: Kingsley Coman is leaving Bayern Munich after a trophy-filled decade to join up with Cristiano Ronaldo at Saudi club Al-Nassr.

Bayern announced the transfer late Friday. Kicker magazine reported a fee of up to 35 million euros ($41 million) for the French winger.

Coman, who scored Bayern’s winning goal against Paris Saint-Germain in the 2020 Champions League final, will be part of a star-studded forward lineup with Ronaldo, fellow new signing Joao Felix and Coman’s former Bayern teammate Sadio Mane.

Al-Nassr are looking to improve after finishing third in the Saudi Pro League last season and signed Ronaldo to a two-year contract extension in June. Former Barcelona defender Iñigo Martínez joined on a free transfer last week.

Coman’s departure from Bayern comes two weeks after the German champion signed Luis Diaz from Liverpool, intensifying Coman’s competition for places. He got a fond farewell from Bayern coach Vincent Kompany after they won the Bundesliga together last season.

“When a player as successful as him leaves the club, it’s always a bit emotional,” Kompany said earlier Friday.

“You have to have understanding for his position in this situation and what he’d like. For me, what’s important now is that we look forward and that we show a lot of respect for Kingsley Coman, for what he’s done for this club.”

Coman won the German title nine times at Bayern since his initial arrival on loan from Juventus in 2015. Despite that success, the 29-year-old winger struggled for playing time last season and was often used as a bench player by Kompany, even before Diaz’s arrival.

Coman had nine goals in 45 games in all competitions last season and is the second experienced Bayern forward to leave after Leroy Sane departed for Turkiye’s Galatasaray on a free transfer, also after lacking game time.

“He earned an eternal place in the club’s history with his goal in the 2020 Champions League final against Paris Saint-Germain,” Bayern board member for sport, Max Eberl, said.
 


PSG’s mental strength hailed as they come from behind to win at Monaco

Updated 16 sec ago
Follow

PSG’s mental strength hailed as they come from behind to win at Monaco

  • The first leg clash between the two Ligue 1 clubs saw Folarin Balogun score twice for the hosts in the opening 18 minutes before Vitinha had his penalty saved to compound matters
MONACO: Paris Saint-Germain coach Luis ‌Enrique hailed the mental strength of his side in coming from two goals down to win 3-2 away at Monaco in the ​Champions League on Tuesday, but warned the knockout round tie was far from finished.
The first leg clash between the two Ligue 1 clubs saw Folarin Balogun score twice for the hosts in the opening 18 minutes before Vitinha had his penalty saved to compound matters.
But after Desire Doue came on for injured Ousmane Dembele, the ‌match turned ‌and defending champions PSG went on ​to ‌secure ⁠a ​one-goal advantage ⁠for the return leg.
“Normally, when a team starts a match like that, the most likely outcome is a loss,” Luis Enrique said.
“It was catastrophic. It’s impossible to start a match like that. The first two times they overcame our pressure and entered our half, they scored. They ⁠made some very good plays.
“After that, it’s difficult ‌to have confidence, but we ‌showed our mental strength. Plus, we ​missed a penalty, so ‌it was a chance to regain confidence. In the ‌last six times we’ve played here, this is only the second time we’ve won, which shows how difficult it is.”
The 20-year-old Doue scored twice and provided a third for Achraf Hakimi, just ‌days after he had turned in a poor performance against Stade Rennais last Friday ⁠and was ⁠dropped for the Monaco clash.
“I’m happy for him because this past week, everyone criticized and tore Doue apart, but he was sensational, he showed his character. He helped the team at the best possible time.”
Dembele’s injury would be assessed, the coach added. “He took a knock in the first 15 minutes, then he couldn’t run.”
The return leg at the Parc des Princes will be next Wednesday. “Considering how the match started, I’m happy with the result. ​But the match in ​Paris will be difficult, it will be a different story,” Luis Enrique warned.