Motorway police book popular Pakistani YouTuber ‘Ducky Bhai’ for driving with his feet

The photograph posted on April 2, 2022, shows Pakistani popular YouTuber Saadur Rehman, known as “Ducky Bhai,” posing for a photo in Lahore. (Facebook/duckybhaivlogs/File)
Short Url
Updated 27 April 2025
Follow

Motorway police book popular Pakistani YouTuber ‘Ducky Bhai’ for driving with his feet

  • Saadur Rehman, aka Ducky Bhai, violated traffic rules, endangering his life and that of others, say police
  • Rehman is one of Pakistan’s most prominent YouTubers, having amassed over 8.38 million subscribers 

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s motorway police have booked popular YouTuber Saadur Rehman, more commonly known as “Ducky Bhai,” for performing dangerous stunts while driving a car, state-run media reported this week. 

As per a first information report (FIR) registered at the Chakri police station in Pakistan’s eastern city of Rawalpindi on Apr. 19, Rehman uploaded a video from his social media account weeks earlier in which he can be seen driving on the motorway, with his feet resting on the steering wheel while his eyes were closed. 

“The National Highways and Motorway Police (NHMP) on Saturday initiated legal action against popular YouTuber Saadur Rehman–popularly known as Ducky Bhai–for performing dangerous stunts while driving on the motorway,” state-run Associated Press of Pakistan (APP) reported. 

As per the FIR, a case against Rehman has been registered under Article 67 (driving recklessly or dangerously) of the National Highway Safety Ordinance (NHSO) 2000, and Section 279 (rash driving or riding on a public way) of the Pakistan Penal Code.

APP said the motorway police registered a case against Rehman after his video went viral on social media, drawing “heavy criticism” from users who condemned his “reckless behavior.”

“The video in question clearly shows a driver violating traffic rules and endangering not only his own life but also that of others,” a motorway police spokesperson was quoted as saying by the APP. 

“We have taken serious notice of this violation and are proceeding with legal action.”

The spokesperson added that the video had been geo-located and verified and that appropriate sections of the law were being invoked in the FIR.

Rehman is one of Pakistan’s most popular YouTubers. He has uploaded over 750 videos on the video-sharing platform and has amassed over 8.38 million subscribers.


Pakistan says Afghan national behind Bajaur suicide bombing that killed 11 security personnel

Updated 4 sec ago
Follow

Pakistan says Afghan national behind Bajaur suicide bombing that killed 11 security personnel

  • Pakistan’s foreign ministry delivered ‘strong demarche’ this week to Kabul over the attack
  • Security official links multiple attacks in Pakistan to militants operating from Afghan soil

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has identified the suicide bomber behind a deadly attack in the northwestern district of Bajaur earlier this week as an Afghan national, a security official said amid accusations against the Taliban administration in Kabul of facilitating cross-border militancy.

The Feb. 16 suicide bombing at the Malangi post in Bajaur killed two civilians and 11 security personnel, prompting Pakistan’s foreign office to summon the Afghan deputy head of mission in Islamabad on Wednesday and deliver a “strong demarche” to Kabul over the attack.

“The suicide bomber was identified as Khariji Ahmad alias Qari Abdullah Abuzar, who was a resident of Balkh province, Afghanistan,” the official who spoke on condition of anonymity said, adding the attacker was also “part of the Taliban’s special forces.”

“The involvement of Afghan citizens in terrorism in Pakistan is clear evidence of the Taliban regime’s complete patronage and facilitation of terrorists,” he added.

Pakistan, which refers to militants as “Khwarij,” has repeatedly accused Afghanistan of sheltering proscribed armed groups such as the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) and the Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA), and of allowing them to launch attacks against Pakistani civilians and security forces. Kabul denies providing safe havens to militants targeting Pakistan.

The official said investigations had established links between the attacker and networks operating from Afghan territory.

According to the security official, several recent attacks in Pakistan had also been traced to Afghanistan, including a suicide bombing in Islamabad on Feb. 6 and assaults last year on a Judicial Complex in Islamabad and the Frontier Corps headquarters in Peshawar.

Authorities have previously said Afghan nationals were involved in attacks on the Dera Ismail Khan Police Training Center and the Wana Cadet College.

The official also cited the March 4, 2025 attack on Bannu Cantonment and the March 11, 2025 Jafar Express attack, saying their planners or facilitators had operated from across the border.
In another case, a suicide bomber arrested in September 2024 had confessed to receiving training in Afghanistan, he added.

Tensions between the two countries have flared repeatedly over security concerns. Last year, Pakistan shut several major border crossings with Afghanistan in October following one of the deadliest military escalations between the neighbors in recent years, which claimed dozens of lives on both sides.

Pakistan’s foreign office has said border crossings will remain closed until Kabul provides credible written assurances that it will prevent cross-border militant attacks and act against groups such as the Pakistani Taliban that Islamabad says operate from safe havens in Afghanistan.

Afghanistan’s Taliban-led government has consistently rejected Pakistan’s accusations, saying it does not allow its territory to be used against other countries.