Saudi PIF and Formula E launch global STEM education initiative ahead of Miami E-Prix

Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund and Formula E announced on Thursday the launch of Driving Force Presented by PIF, an educational initiative designed to empower the next generation of engineers, scientists, and sustainability leaders. (PIF/Formula E)
Short Url
Updated 10 April 2025
Follow

Saudi PIF and Formula E launch global STEM education initiative ahead of Miami E-Prix

  • Initiative will roll out in schools across the US, Saudi Arabia, and the UK, offering hands-on STEM and sustainability education to students aged 8 to 18

MIAMI: Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund and Formula E announced on Thursday the launch of Driving Force Presented by PIF, an educational initiative designed to empower the next generation of engineers, scientists, and sustainability leaders.

The announcement comes ahead of this weekend’s Miami E-Prix.

The initiative will roll out in schools across the US, Saudi Arabia, and the UK, offering hands-on STEM and sustainability education to students aged 8 to 18.

Combining in-person workshops with digital resources, the program aims to engage more than 50,000 students globally by the end of 2025.

The first session took place on Thursday at Keys Gate Charter School in South Florida, where up to 90 students took part in interactive workshops designed to ignite their curiosity in motorsport, engineering, and green technology.

The debut aligns with PIF’s broader mission of accelerating the development of sustainable electric mobility through its E360 partnership, which unites three high-profile electric racing series: Formula E, Extreme H, and E1 electric powerboat racing.

Alejandro Agag, founder and chairman of Formula E, Extreme H and E1, praised the initiative’s scope and ambition.

“Since introducing the PIF E360 partnership last year, Formula E and PIF continue to look for opportunities to make a positive, real-world impact,” he said.

“Driving Force Presented by PIF is an example of how PIF is not only elevating motorsports but also inspiring the next generation of talent through STEM education, which plays a crucial role in the future of sustainable mobility and green technology.”

Mohammed Al-Sayyad, head of corporate brand at PIF, echoed the sentiment.

“PIF is committed to supercharging the growth and transformation of electric motorsport, and through our partnership with E360, we are collaborating with our partners to accelerate progress, maximize impact, and deliver powerful unified programs,” he said.

“For the first time, we are bringing together Formula E, Extreme H and E1 to expand the Driving Force program and drive transformative impact by empowering youth who are the innovators of tomorrow,” he added.

The launch of Driving Force also marked the beginning of “Supercharged,” a new PIF campaign designed to amplify innovation and sustainability through the E360 platform, with a focus on driving technological advancement and positioning green innovation at the heart of future mobility solutions.


Postecoglou admits taking Nottingham Forest post a ‘bad decision’

Updated 19 February 2026
Follow

Postecoglou admits taking Nottingham Forest post a ‘bad decision’

  • Postecoglou, 60, was appointed as Nuno Espirito Santo’s successor in September
  • “There’s no point me blaming it on ‘I didn’t get time’ or anything,” said Postecoglou

LONDON: Ange Postecoglou has said he has only himself to blame for an extraordinarily brief reign as Nottingham Forest manager, with the Australian accepting he made “a bad decision” taking on the job with the Premier League strugglers.
Postecoglou, 60, was appointed as Nuno Espirito Santo’s successor in September.
But infamously impatient Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis sacked Postecoglou just 39 days later, after the experienced manager lost six of his eight games in charge.
Postecoglou, reflecting on his time at Forest for the Overlap podcast, said an over-eagerness to get back into management after his departure from Tottenham Hotspur three months earlier, had been the root cause of his troubles at the City Ground.
“There’s no point me blaming it on ‘I didn’t get time’ or anything,” said Postecoglou. “I should never have gone in there. That was on me. That was a bad decision by me to go in there. I’ve got to take ownership of that.
“It was too soon after Tottenham. I was taking over at a time where they were kind of used to doing things a certain way and I’m obviously going to do things differently. I’ve got to cop that, that was my mistake. It’s no-one else’s fault.”
Postecoglou remains without a club but he has ruled out returning to Celtic, where he enjoyed a successful two-year stint from 2021-23, with the 73-year-old Martin O’Neill currently in caretaker charge of the Scottish champions until the end of the season.
“I loved Celtic, it’s a wonderful football club,” said Postecoglou, who left the Glasgow giants to join Spurs. “If I was younger, I probably would have stayed there longer. I probably would have stayed there three, four years.
“I think I could have made progress with them in Europe but at the time, it had taken me a long time to get to this sort of space, and the opportunity to join Tottenham was too good.
“In terms of going back, I don’t go back. I just don’t think that’s kind of been my career.
“Whatever the next step is, it’ll be something new, somewhere I can make an impact in, somewhere I can win things, but it doesn’t diminish the affection I have for Celtic.”