Saudi FM receives phone call from US Secretary of State, discusses strategic relations

Saudi Arabia’s Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan and US Secretary of State Antony Blinken. (File/AFP)
Short Url
Updated 28 March 2022
Follow

Saudi FM receives phone call from US Secretary of State, discusses strategic relations

  • Prince Faisal and Blinken discussed intensifying coordination and bilateral work on many issues
  • They also exchanged views on regional and international issues of common interest

RIYADH: Saudi Arabia’s Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan received a phone call from the US Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Monday.

During the call, the two officials discussed the strategic relations between the Kingdom and the US and ways to support and enhance them in all fields to serve the interests of the countries.

They also exchanged views on regional and international issues of common interest.

Prince Faisal and Blinken also discussed intensifying coordination and bilateral work on many regional and international issues, including strengthening security and stability in the Middle East, and efforts to lay the foundations for peace made by their countries in the region and the world.


Saudi project clears 2,676 explosive devices in Yemen

Updated 22 February 2026
Follow

Saudi project clears 2,676 explosive devices in Yemen

  • Ousama Al-Gosaibi, Project Masam’s managing director, said the initiative had cleared a total of 544,187 mines since it began in 2018

RIYADH: Members of Saudi Arabia’s Project Masam removed 2,108 explosive devices from various regions of Yemen last week.

The total included 2,484 unexploded ordnances, 149 anti-tank mines, 17 anti-personnel mines and 26 improvised explosive devices, according to a recent report.

The explosives were planted indiscriminately and posed a threat to civilians, including children, women and the elderly.

The demining operations took place in Marib, Aden, Jouf, Shabwa, Taiz, Hodeidah, Lahij, Sanaa, Al-Bayda, Al-Dhale and Saada.

Ousama Al-Gosaibi, Project Masam’s managing director, said the initiative had cleared a total of 544,187 mines since it began in 2018.

Teams are tasked with clearing villages, roads and schools to facilitate the safe movement of civilians and delivery of humanitarian aid.

The project trains local demining engineers, provides them with modern equipment, and offers support to Yemenis injured by the devices.