Mohammed bin Saeed Al-Jaber, Saudi ambassador to Yemen

Mohammed bin Saeed Al-Jaber
Short Url
Updated 03 June 2020

Mohammed bin Saeed Al-Jaber, Saudi ambassador to Yemen

  • Al-Jaber was appointed ambassador 10 days before the Houthi coup of September 2014

Mohammed bin Saeed Al-Jaber is the Kingdom’s ambassador to Yemen and the executive director of Yemen Comprehensive Humanitarian Operations.

He is also the general supervisor of the Saudi Development and Reconstruction Program for Yemen. 

Al-Jaber was appointed ambassador 10 days before the Houthi coup of September 2014.

He obtained his bachelor’s degree in military sciences from King Abdul Aziz Military College and a master’s degree, also in military sciences, from the Saudi Armed Forces Command and Staff College.

He was assigned political and military roles in strategic planning and negotiation, as well as in security, before taking on his role as head of Saudi Arabia’s diplomatic mission in Yemen.

Al-Jaber led the Saudi delegation in the Geneva Consultations on Yemen peace talks in 2015 and the Yemen peace talks in Kuwait in 2016.

He also represented the Saudi Ministry of Defense at the quadrilateral border security dialogue in the US.

The Kingdom co-hosted a UN pledging event on Tuesday, and remains the top backer of the war-ravaged country with a $500 million pledge. Al-Jaber said it was a continuation of Saudi efforts to serve the Yemeni people on all fronts — humanitarian, economic, and development.

Saudi Arabia “is the biggest supporter of Yemen, with a total value of humanitarian and development aid amounting to about $17 billion,” he said.

The envoy highlighted the Kingdom’s humanitarian role and efforts, adding that it topped the donor countries in response to the UN humanitarian plan for Yemen in 2018 with $500 million, $750 million in 2019, and that it was also carrying out initiatives and programs through the King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center.


Drop in COVID-19 daily deaths as 30 die in Saudi Arabia

Updated 11 July 2020

Drop in COVID-19 daily deaths as 30 die in Saudi Arabia

  • Ten percent of all new cases were recorded in Riyadh
  • A total of 2,181 people have succumbed to the virus in the Kingdom so far

RIYADH: Saudi Arabia recorded 30 deaths from COVID-19 on Saturday, the lowest daily rate in the Kingdom for a week.
The health ministry also confirmed 2,994 new confirmed cases of the disease.
Ten percent of all new cases were recorded in Riyadh with the capital reporting 285 cases. Hufof recorded 226 new cases, Jeddah 221, Dammam 211 and Taif 152.
The total number of recoveries in the Kingdom increased to 165,396 after 2,370 more patients recovered from the virus.
A total of 2,181 people have succumbed to the virus in the Kingdom so far.

Related