KSRelief distributes winter kits in Yemen

1 / 6
KSRelief has distributed 518 winter kits in Yemen in cooperation with the Selah Foundation for Development. (SPA)
2 / 6
KSRelief has distributed 518 winter kits in Yemen in cooperation with the Selah Foundation for Development. (SPA)
3 / 6
KSRelief has distributed 518 winter kits in Yemen in cooperation with the Selah Foundation for Development. (SPA)
4 / 6
KSRelief has distributed 518 winter kits in Yemen in cooperation with the Selah Foundation for Development. (SPA)
5 / 6
KSRelief has distributed 518 winter kits in Yemen in cooperation with the Selah Foundation for Development. (SPA)
6 / 6
KSRelief has distributed 518 winter kits in Yemen in cooperation with the Selah Foundation for Development. (SPA)
Short Url
Updated 21 December 2019

KSRelief distributes winter kits in Yemen

  • The kits will benefit 3,857 individuals from displaced and poor families

RIYADH: The King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center (KSRelief) has distributed 518 winter kits in Yemen in cooperation with the Selah Foundation for Development.

The kits will benefit 3,857 individuals from displaced and poor families in several Yemeni governorates.

Meanwhile, Ahmed bin Ali Al-Bayez, assistant supervisor general for operations and programs at KSRelief, met on Wednesday in Riyadh with Gilbert Houngbo, president of the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), and his accompanying delegation. 

The two sides discussed cooperation between KSRelief and IFAD in projects related to improving livelihoods and mitigating humanitarian crises.

Houngbo praised Saudi support for agricultural activity as a pillar of national economies, and commended the strategic partnership between KSRelief and IFAD.


Saudi air forces commander reviews preparations ahead of exercise Desert Flag 2021

Updated 03 March 2021

Saudi air forces commander reviews preparations ahead of exercise Desert Flag 2021

  • Maj. Gen. Turki bin Bandar bin Abdul Aziz listened to a briefing at the King Khalid Air Base
  • The RSAF will participate in the exercise with a number of F-15SA fighter aircraft with their air, technical and support crews

RIYADH: The commander of the Royal Saudi Air Forces (RSAF) reviewed preparations for Saudi participation in exercise Desert Flag 2021 which will take in the UAE this month.
The RSAF will participate in the exercise with a number of F-15SA fighter aircraft with their air, technical and support crews.
Maj. Gen. Turki bin Bandar bin Abdul Aziz listened to a briefing at the King Khalid Air Base by the commander of the air force group participating in the exercise.
The major general also met participants and they were urged to take full advantage of the exercise and adhere to precautionary measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus.


Saudi Arabia announces 5 more COVID-19 deaths

Updated 03 March 2021

Saudi Arabia announces 5 more COVID-19 deaths

  • The total number of recoveries in the Kingdom has increased to 369,277
  • A total of 6,510 people have succumbed to the virus in the Kingdom so far

LONDON: Saudi Arabia announced five deaths from COVID-19 and 331 new infections on Wednesday.
Of the new cases, 134 were recorded in Riyadh, 66 in the Eastern Province, 46 in Makkah, 10 in Asir, 10 in Madinah, six in Najran, six in Hail and five in Jazan.
The total number of recoveries in the Kingdom increased to 369,277 after 351 more patients recovered from the virus.
A total of 6,510 people have succumbed to the virus in the Kingdom so far.

More than a million doses of a COVID-19 vaccine have been administered so far across the Kingdom's 405 vaccination sites, the health ministry said. 

Related


Saudi Arabia says COVID-19 vaccination required for 2021 Hajj

Updated 03 March 2021

Saudi Arabia says COVID-19 vaccination required for 2021 Hajj

  • Saudi Arabia stakes its reputation on its peaceful organization of the Hajj
  • In 2020, kingdom reduced number of pilgrims to around 1,000 to prevent COVID-19 spread

LONDON: Saudi Arabia’s health ministry has ruled that only people who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 will be allowed to attend the Hajj this year, Saudi newspaper Okaz reported on Monday.
“The COVID-19 vaccine is mandatory for those willing to come to the Hajj and will be one of the main conditions (for receiving a permit to come),” the report said, citing a circular signed by the health minister.
Saudi Arabia stakes its reputation on its guardianship of Islam’s holiest sites in Makkaha and Medina and its peaceful organization of the Hajj.
In 2020, the kingdom dramatically reduced the number of pilgrims to around 1,000 to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus, after barring Muslims abroad from the rite for the first time in modern times.
Hajj, a once-in-a-lifetime duty for every able-bodied Muslim who can afford it, is a major source of income for the Saudi government. 


Saudi Arabia urges UN to hold Houthis accountable for threats to global peace

Updated 03 March 2021

Saudi Arabia urges UN to hold Houthis accountable for threats to global peace

  • Attacks against the Kingdom prove that these Iran-backed militias ‘only believe in terrorist behavior to reach their narrow political aims,’ top Saudi envoy writes in letter seen by Arab News
  • Abdallah Al-Mouallimi: Houthis continue to ignore and violate Security Council resolutions and international humanitarian law

NEW YORK: Saudi Arabia urged the UN Security Council (UNSC) on Tuesday to shoulder its responsibility and hold the Iran-backed Houthi militias in Yemen accountable for the threats they pose to international peace and security.
The Houthis’ terror activities continue to jeopardize UN efforts to reach a comprehensive solution in Yemen, and undermine the credibility of UNSC resolutions, Abdallah Al-Mouallimi, Saudi Arabia’s permanent representative to the UN, wrote in a letter seen by Arab News.
He alerted the council to the continued military hostilities committed by the Houthis against the Kingdom. “Among these hostilities towards civilians and civilian objects, some of the scattered debris of a ballistic missile launched by these militias resulted in material damage to one house in Riyadh on February 27th 2021, after being intercepted and destroyed,” Al-Mouallimi wrote.
“Moreover, the fall of a military projectile (on Monday) launched by these militias towards one of the border villages in Jazan Region injured five civilians as a result of flying shrapnel. It also damaged two houses, a grocery store and three civilian vehicles.”
The letter was addressed to US Ambassador Linda Thomas-Greenfield, who is assuming the rotating presidency of the UNSC this month. UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres was copied in.
“Although the Security Council strongly condemned the continuation of Houthi attacks on Saudi Arabia and called for an immediate cessation of attacks without preconditions in its resolution 2564 (2021) that was adopted on 25 February 2021, the Houthi militias continue their behavior in ignoring and violating Security Council resolutions and International Humanitarian Law,” the top Saudi envoy wrote.
“It is an obvious response of the Houthi militias to the … calls and appeals (of the UNSC and international community) for a political solution to the crisis in Yemen, and it proves once again that these militias only believe in terrorist behavior to reach their narrow political aims.”
Al-Mouallimi reiterated that Saudi Arabia reserves its full rights “to safeguard its citizens, residents and territories in accordance with its commitments under international law.” He asked Thomas-Greenfield to circulate the letter as an official document.


Saudi cabinet once again condemns attacks on the Kingdom by Houthis

Updated 03 March 2021

Saudi cabinet once again condemns attacks on the Kingdom by Houthis

  • Ministers also briefed on King Salman’s recent call with US President Joe Biden, and the latest COVID-19 developments

RIYADH: Saudi authorities have again condemned the continuing cross-border attacks on the Kingdom by the Houthi militia in Yemen.

The comments came on Tuesday, during the weekly meeting of the Saudi cabinet chaired by King Salman. The latest Houthi assault took place earlier in the day and left five civilians injured.

“The council appreciated the efficiency of the air-defense system in confronting and thwarting the threats made by the Iran-backed terrorist Houthi militia, and its violations of international laws by launching ballistic missiles and drones at civilians and civilian objects in the Kingdom in a deliberate and systematic manner,” said Minister of Information Majid Al-Qasabi.

The cabinet was also briefed on King Salman’s telephone conversation with US President Joe Biden last Thursday, during which both sides stressed the depth of the relationship between the two countries, and the importance of strengthening the partnership to serve their interests and achieve regional and international security and stability.

The Council of Ministers hailed a second consecutive year of progress made by the Kingdom in the Women, Business and the Law 2021 report recently published by the World Bank Group, which ranked Saudi Arabia among the leading countries in the MENA region for empowerment of women.

Initiatives implemented as part of the Kingdom’s Vision 2030 have helped to support the introduction of legislative reforms designed to enhance and expand the role of women in the economic development of the nation, and make the Kingdom more competitive regionally and globally, the cabinet said.

Ministers were briefed on the latest developments in the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and reviewed reports from new vaccination centers that have opened in several regions, Al-Qasabi told the Saudi Press Agency.

The cabinet also congratulated Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman for the successful surgery he underwent last week, wishing him health and wellness.

Soleimani’s shadow
Qassem Soleimani left a trail of death and destruction in his wake as head of Iran’s Quds Force … until his assassination on Jan. 3, 2020. Yet still, his legacy of murderous interference continues to haunt the region
Enter
keywords

Related