Ahmad Alangari, senior portfolio director at Takamol Holding

Ahmad Alangari
Updated 30 March 2019
Follow

Ahmad Alangari, senior portfolio director at Takamol Holding

Ahmad Alangari is the senior portfolio director at Takamol Holding, where he is acting head of a large international labor market automation program known as Musaned. 

This electronic platform by the Ministry of Labor and Social Development has made it easier for domestic workers to gain e-visas, which receive instant approval once requirements are fulfilled. 

At the recent Saudi Recruitment, Labor and Support Services Forum and Exhibition in Riyadh, Alangari said: “Musaned is the umbrella of all programs, projects and initiatives that target improving the ecosystem of the domestic labor sector in Saudi Arabia. When we first started looking at this issue in order to improve it, we went directly to the second phase, the contractual process, because it has the biggest scope. What we did is basically automate the whole process, from manual to digital.”

Alangari earned his bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering from King Saud University. He also earned his master’s in business administration from Eastern Washington University. In 2017, he attended the University of California, Berkeley, Haas School of Business, where he received his product management certificate in executive education. 

Before joining Takamol Holding, Alangari was a client manager for Blitz, Inc. He was also a founder of ProCS, where he researched industry trends to identify new products and services, and built an innovative business model for the IT solutions company.


Saudi student Mohammed Al-Qasim ‘stabbed by stranger on drink, drugs,’ UK court hears

Updated 6 sec ago
Follow

Saudi student Mohammed Al-Qasim ‘stabbed by stranger on drink, drugs,’ UK court hears

  • 20-year-old ‘posed no threat to anybody’ when he was attacked in Cambridge last year
  • Jurors watch CCTV video of attack by man in high-vis jacket, BBC reports

LONDON: Saudi student Mohammed Al-Qasim died after being stabbed in Cambridge by a stranger who had been drinking and using drugs, prosecutors told a court in the UK city on Tuesday.

According to a BBC News website report of the trial at Cambridge Crown Court, prosecutor Nicholas Hearn said that the 20-year-old was sitting outside student accommodation on Aug. 1 last year when he was stabbed in the neck with a kitchen knife by Chas Corrigan.

CCTV cameras had recorded the attack along with Corrigan’s actions before and after the incident, he said.

Al-Qasim, a University of Jeddah student who had traveled to the UK to study at a language school during the summer, died just after midnight on Aug. 2.

Jurors watched CCTV video footage of the attack, which showed Al-Qasim running away after a confrontation with a man in a yellow high-vis jacket, the BBC report said.

The footage showed Corrigan, who was wearing the jacket, stabbing Al-Qasim, Hearn said.

“The reality is that, in this case, the footage speaks for itself,” he told the jurors.

Hearn said that Corrigan, 22, from Cambridge, had admitted being in possession of a knife at the time but denied murdering Al-Qasim.

Hearn said there was evidence that Corrigan had been drinking and taking drugs before the stabbing and had been “behaving crazily” in a pub.

“Mr Al-Qasim posed no threat to anybody. He was a student who had come to Cambridge to study from Saudi Arabia,” the lawyer said.

Hearn added that “the defendant was the aggressor here,” and that Al-Qasim had never met Corrigan.

Jane Osborne KC, Corrigan’s defense lawyer, said that her client had admitted he was the man in the CCTV video and that he had been carrying the knife, but had “no intention of using that knife,” the BBC report said.

Corrigan had aimed to wave the knife between himself and Al-Qasim, she said.

Corrigan denies murdering Al-Qasim and his trial is expected to last about two weeks.