FaceOf: Dr. Abdul Aziz Al-Maqoushi, Saudi Arabia’s cultural attache in London

Dr. Abdul Aziz Al-Maqoushi
Updated 03 September 2018
Follow

FaceOf: Dr. Abdul Aziz Al-Maqoushi, Saudi Arabia’s cultural attache in London

Dr. Abdul Aziz Al-Maqoushi has served as Saudi Arabia’s cultural attache in London, United Kingdom, since March 2017. He also holds the post of assistant director-general for cultural affairs and public information at Sultan bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud Charitable Foundation. He is also an associate professor of media at Imam Muhammad Bin Saud Islamic University in Riyadh.
He has previously served as assistant secretary-general for public information affairs at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Riyadh, and also as chairman of the National Products Center in Riyadh. In addition, he has been executive director of Riyadh Chamber Award for Community Service, and the assistant secretary-general of the Disabled Children Association.
He gained a Ph.D. in international journalism in 1994 from the University of Wales in the UK. He also holds a masters degree in international journalism which he obtained in 1990 from Ohio University in the US. Al-Maqoushi earned his bachelor’s degree in media in 1985 from Imam Muhammad bin Saud Islamic University in Riyadh.
Al-Maqoushi has written several books in Arabic in the field of media and other topics. He has also written in a number of Saudi newspapers such as Al-Riyadh.
He has been a member of the executive committee and chairman of the information committee at King Salman Science Oasis. Moreover, Al-Maqoushi has been a member of the resource development committee at King Salman Center for Disability Research. He was a member of the established committee to prepare the National AIDS Awareness Strategy in the Ministry of Health.
 


Saudi Foreign Ministry: Israel's decision on the West Bank undermines efforts to achieve peace and stability

Updated 4 min 51 sec ago
Follow

Saudi Foreign Ministry: Israel's decision on the West Bank undermines efforts to achieve peace and stability

Saudi Arabia condemned Israel's decision to take control of parts of the West Bank, warning the move would undermine efforts to achieve peace and stability, in a statement by the Foreign Ministry on X. 

"The Ministry of Foreign Affairs expresses the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s condemnation of the Israeli occupation authorities’ decision to rename the West Bank as “State Lands,” affiliated with the occupation authorities, as part of plans aimed at imposing a new legal and administrative reality in the occupied West Bank, and undermining the ongoing efforts to achieve peace and stability in the region," the Foreign Ministry said on Monday. 

The Ministry said Israel had no right over Palestinian territories and was undermining the two state solution, reafirming the kingdoms support for a independent Palestinain State. 

Israel’s cabinet on Sunday approved ‌further measures to tighten Israel’s control over the occupied West Bank and make it easier for settlers to buy land, in a move Palestinians called “a ​de-facto annexation.” The move has been widely crticised by Arab countries including Qatar, Egypt and Jordan.