The Ministry of Housing recently launched the e-payment services on its Ejar network to ease the process of rent payments by monthly, annual or biannual installments according to the contract signed by the parties concerned.
Mohammad Al-Zumaie, deputy minister for Planning and Studies, said in a press statement that Ejar network aims to facilitate payment of rents for tenants and help them organize their budget.
“The system will help tenants to organize their payments to ensure that they pay their dues in time,” he explained. He added that e-payment will ease the procedures of documenting payments and collections for the owner too, according to the agreed terms.
“Ejar network aims to regulate the relations between the parties concerned, maintain tenants’ rights and those of the landlords and mediators which will result in stabilizing rent prices in addition to promoting investments in rental residential units,” said Al-Zumaie.
Additionally, the network aims to provide comprehensive rental listing services such as the annual prices and the rises expected.
It also assists citizens and residents with their search for a residential unit by offering them multiple choices complete with the specifications of the units including the location, the size and services available. Furthermore, the system offers a unified contract registration which can be amended and updated accordingly.
Al-Zumaie said that the Ejar network provides a comprehensive and accurate statistical database for the rental sector which includes information on the volume of demand and supply to serve as an indicator for potential investors and developers to draw up plans according to the needs.
“The system allows the monitoring of the rental sector and helps the ministry and concerned parties to draft the appropriate regulations that should maintain the rights of tenants and leasers,” he concluded.
The Ejar network aims to regulate and facilitate the collection and analysis of data on the housing sector through an electronic platform and then offer it to the parties concerned.
Ministry of Housing opens electronic payment service
Ministry of Housing opens electronic payment service
Saudi student Mohammed Al-Qasim ‘stabbed by stranger on drink, drugs,’ UK court hears
- 20-year-old ‘posed no threat to anybody’ when he was attacked in Cambridge last year
- Jurors watch CCTV video of attack by man in high-vis jacket, BBC reports
LONDON: Saudi student Mohammed Al-Qasim died after being stabbed in Cambridge by a stranger who had been drinking and using drugs, prosecutors told a court in the UK city on Tuesday.
According to a BBC News website report of the trial at Cambridge Crown Court, prosecutor Nicholas Hearn said that the 20-year-old was sitting outside student accommodation on Aug. 1 last year when he was stabbed in the neck with a kitchen knife by Chas Corrigan.
CCTV cameras had recorded the attack along with Corrigan’s actions before and after the incident, he said.
Al-Qasim, a University of Jeddah student who had traveled to the UK to study at a language school during the summer, died just after midnight on Aug. 2.
Jurors watched CCTV video footage of the attack, which showed Al-Qasim running away after a confrontation with a man in a yellow high-vis jacket, the BBC report said.
The footage showed Corrigan, who was wearing the jacket, stabbing Al-Qasim, Hearn said.
“The reality is that, in this case, the footage speaks for itself,” he told the jurors.
Hearn said that Corrigan, 22, from Cambridge, had admitted being in possession of a knife at the time but denied murdering Al-Qasim.
Hearn said there was evidence that Corrigan had been drinking and taking drugs before the stabbing and had been “behaving crazily” in a pub.
“Mr Al-Qasim posed no threat to anybody. He was a student who had come to Cambridge to study from Saudi Arabia,” the lawyer said.
Hearn added that “the defendant was the aggressor here,” and that Al-Qasim had never met Corrigan.
Jane Osborne KC, Corrigan’s defense lawyer, said that her client had admitted he was the man in the CCTV video and that he had been carrying the knife, but had “no intention of using that knife,” the BBC report said.
Corrigan had aimed to wave the knife between himself and Al-Qasim, she said.
Corrigan denies murdering Al-Qasim and his trial is expected to last about two weeks.








