Saudi COVID-19 clinics help 100,000 people

Saudi Arabia announced 34 more deaths from COVID-19 and 1,482 new cases of the disease on Thursday. (SPA)
Short Url
Updated 14 August 2020

Saudi COVID-19 clinics help 100,000 people

  • The total number of recoveries in the Kingdom has increased to 260,393
  • A total of 3,303 people have succumbed to the virus in the Kingdom so far

JEDDAH: Saudi health clinics set up as testing hubs or treatment centers have helped more than 100,000 people around the Kingdom since the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic. The Ministry of Health’s Tettamman (rest assured) clinics have offered treatment to 63,529 people, while Taakad (make sure) center services in Al-Ahsa helped 21,030 people.
Al-Ahsa’s Taakad service is available at two locations in Al-Mabraz and Al-Hofuf. The car-stop testing centers’ daily capacity is between 1,200 and 1,500.
In Madinah, Tettamman clinics have offered advice to 18,700 people with COVID-19 symptoms. Three clinics in the city operate daily from 8 a.m. to midnight.
Since it opened, the Taakad drive-through testing center has also offered PCR tests to 5,200 people. Taakad provides COVID-19 testing for those who show no to mild symptoms or believe they have come into contact with an infected individual.
Appointments can be made through the ministry’s Sehaty app. Tettamman clinics offer treatment and advice to those with virus symptoms, such as fever, loss of taste and smell, and breathing difficulties.
Meanwhile, the Kingdom recorded 34 new COVID-19-related deaths on Thursday, raising the total to 3,303.
Saudi Arabia reported 1,482 new cases, meaning 294,519 people have now contracted the disease. There are 30,823 active cases, 1,805 of whom are in critical condition. The ministry also announced that 3,124 more patients had recovered from the illness, bringing the total number of recoveries in the Kingdom to 260,393.
Saudi Arabia has so far conducted 4,071,857 tests, with 70,754 carried out in the past 24 hours.


Arab coalition destroys Houthi drone

Updated 04 December 2020

Arab coalition destroys Houthi drone

RIYADH: The Arab coalition on Friday morning said it had intercepted a Houthi drone launched by the militia in Yemen.
Brigadier General Turki Al-Malki said in a statement published by the Saudi Press Agency, “Joint Coalition Forces have intercepted and destroyed this morning (Friday) a bomb-laden UAV launched systematically and deliberately by the terrorist Houthi militia to target civilians and civilian objects in the Southern Region.”  
The Houthi militia has recently intensified the use of explosive and reconnaissance drones, which a UN committee of experts said earlier was assembled from external components and shipped to Yemen.
On Tuesday, a Houthi missile attack killed two children and injured 12 more people in north Taiz.
A day earlier, Houthis fired a ballistic missile from Amran that landed in the Yemeni capital Sanaa.
The Houthis are continuing to threaten civilian lives with their actions, the coalition said.
Last week, the coalition destroyed five Houthi mines in the Red Sea and that the mines used, the Sadaf, are manufactured by Iran,  Al-Ekhbariya reported.
The coalition said the ongoing Houthi hostilities threaten maritime security.

Related